On Feb. 29, 2016, the Senate Agriculture Committee voted 14 to 6 to advance the bill, known as the DARK Act, to ban state labeling of foods with genetically modified ingredients and to set up a national voluntary labeling system.
Committee members indicated with a red box voted FOR this bill (banning state’s ability to require labeling).
This bill has passed the House and will be presented to the full Senate for a approval. In addition to contacting these committee members, please contact your Senators.
We encourage you to contact these individuals to express your feelings about their action. You might consider supporting more appropriate Senators to replace these people, however, unfortunately it seems that none are up for reelection this year.
- Senate Ag Committee Votes to Advance Bill Blocking States From Creating Own Labels (kticradio.com)
- Passage of DARK Act to outlaw GMO labeling nationwide is now imminent… TAKE ACTION now or forever lose your right to know what you’re eating (naturalnews.com)
Ignore Mike’s comments about Bernie’s chances .. he’s doing better than Obama was at this point in the 2008 election cycle!
- Contact Congress (JustLabelIt.org)
- Fight for GMO Labeling by Opposing the DARK Act
- Tell the Senate and President Obama: Label GMOs!
- Tell the Senate: Stop the DARK Act! (ewg.org)
- Stop Monsanto’s attack on GMO labeling (credoaction.com)
- President Obama: Pledge to Veto the DARK Act! (moveon.org)
- Tell the Senate to Protect Your Right to Know: Oppose the DARK Act (Center for Food Safety)
Senate Agriculture Committee Membership
(Republican – Kansas)
(Republican – Mississippi)
(Republican – Kentucky)
(Republican – Arkansas)
(Republican – North Dakota)
(Republican – Georgia)
(Republican – Iowa)
(Republican – North Carolina)
(Republican – Nebraska)
(Republican – Iowa)
(Republican – South Dakota)
(Democrat – Michigan)
(Democrat – Vermont)
(Democrat – Ohio)
(Democrat – Minnesota)
UPDATE! Senator Klobuchar voted against this bill on March 16!
(Democrat – Colorado)
(Democrat – New York)
(Democrat – Indiana)
(Democrat – North Dakota)
(Democrat – Pennsylvania)